IS RUMOR a Photobooth?
RUMOR is not a typical photo booth experience–it is much more than that. Most photo booths these days are “iPad photo booths” meaning the image is taken by an iPad. They are light, cheap and something you see everyday–so are the images they produce. Usually with photo booths the subject presses a button and hopes to get some indication as to when a series of images will be taken at consecutive intervals and the images are automatically printed out as cute little strips. Getting a great series of images is a challenge and those cute little strips may make it onto your refrigerator door for a while but probably not. RUMOR makes it easier, makes you look better and lets you choose how you want to share them and keep them!! RUMOR is a premium event photo experience that is operated by a photographer who helps or doesn’t help, as needed, get you and your group together before taking fun photos of you which look AWESOME and which you can then choose and share from our iPad Sharing Stations in SO MANY ways! RUMOR is a “photo studio in a box”. We use a professional DSLR camera and professional studio strobe in our booth so your image quality is no different than a magazine cover shoot. Guests can share images via social media, text, email and/or print the images out as beautiful 4×6 prints! The event photos are uploaded to an image gallery (password protected if you’d like) after the event where your guests can download their images for free or buy prints.
- A “Red Carpet” Style Photo Booth. You walk in front of it to have your picture taken. No cramming into a tiny “booth”.
- A “studio in a box”. We use a professional DSLR camera and professional studio strobe as well as the fastest professional event printers.
- Operated by a photographer. Your guests don’t have to learn how to use the booth and suffer through count down timers. We let you be you and help you get situated if needed. Not only does this make the images better but it makes the line move more quickly so your guests can take, see and share their images and do it all over again!
- All the fun of an awesome Photo Booth but with amazing images which you can share on the spot across many media. You will find a “photo booth” at almost any event these days. You will not find RUMOR at just any event.
HOW MUCh DOES RUMOR COST?
RUMOR event photo applications vary greatly based on the event location, event duration and options requested. RUMOR is a “photo studio in a box”. The gear travels in at least 4-5 road cases for the basic setup. This is not at all a 10 minute “iPad Photo Booth” setup. The RUMOR experience currently starts at $1,500 in Los Angeles and Santa Barbara (and surrounding areas) and $1,750 in New York City (and surrounding areas). This includes:
- 2 hours of setup
- 3 consecutive hours of operation
- 2 iPad Viewing Stations
- 1 printer printing 4″x6″ prints
- 1 photographer and 1 assistant to help guests with the iPad Viewing Stations and/or prints
- 1 hour breakdown
- Extra Booth Running Time–$250 per hour
- Slide show streaming on a plasma screen on stand–$500
- Extra iPad Viewing Station–$150
- Custom Envelopes for prints–depends on details–please inquire.
- If your event is outside of the LA, Santa Barbara, or New York City areas and requires shipping the shipping rate is approximately $800 (within the U.S.)
DOES RUMOR COME WITH PROPS?
RUMOR does not come with props because we want your event to be unique, props are often worse for wear after an exciting RUMOR event and guests often want to keep their new found costumes on as they rejoin the festivities. However, we can recommend prop supply stores and all sorts of clever prop ideas can be found on Etsy.
The image gallery is password Protected and I don’t know it?
No problem! Either contact your event host or send us a note and we will forward it to your host so they can get you the password. Our email is firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW DO I DOWNLOAD IMAGES from the image Gallery?
It’s super easy!
- Click on “EVENTS” at the top of our website and find the event you attended.
- The images appear as thumbnail images. Click on your image to enlarge it.
- Beneath any enlarged image, click on the down arrow to download the image. Voila!
- If you are the event host, you receive a zip file of all the event images after the event allowing you to download all the images. This is useful if you are making recap slideshows or posting galleries to your website or to Facebook.
How MUCH Space is needed for THE RUMOR PHOTo MEDIA SET Up?
Ideally RUMOR is setup in a 10’x10′ space but the setup can be modified to suit your event space and design.
The RUMOR setup does require:
- Level ground and a shaded setup area if outside. RUMOR cannot operate outside in cold, hot or bad weather.
- Two 120v/10 amp electrical outlets
- Prop table if props are used
- Storage area for our equipment cases during the event
- Access to the “house” Wifi network and password during the event depending on the Wifi signal strength at your event location.
A cocktail table for guests’ to rest their purses and drinks while they take photos helps keep the shooting area clean and the photo line flow running smoothly.